background

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I love them for their personality

Do these look familiar?  I had a huge patch of red tulips in my front yard, and I kept thinking, "I need to cut some of those that bring them in."  But then there was that big storm, which included much wind, and all the pretty petals were gone.  As soon as I saw the empty stalks, I was at first sad that I had missed my opportunity to cut them and bring them in.  But then I felt really guilty.  Why should I only bring them in if they have pretty red petals?  Those poor stalks are the support and life of that flower; just because the petals are gone doesn't mean they're worthless.  I felt so bad for them.  And guilty that I only valued them when they were red and showy.  So
I brought them in.  I love them for their personality.   

4 comments:

Paul said...

I think the green stalks have quite a bit of personality myself. Good work on keeping the right perspective :)

Natalie said...

You always have a positive outlook. Loved catching up on your cute posts.

vfg said...

I love this on so many levels. Such a great Mindy moment!

Anonymous said...

mom... you are too nice. i like!