background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Like Father, Like Daughter

So first off, I'll admit it:  I am married to an old man.  Yes, those are Jason's reading glasses (*chuckle*).   I guess Jovi's been watching Jason, because she showed up in the kitchen a couple days ago with his glasses on and a Louis L'Amour open.  Jason loves Louis L'Amour books.  I know kids love to copy us, as adults, but I'm sure, half the time, they really can't figure out what is so cool about it.  I can imagine Jovi's thoughts:
"Okay.  Now I've got on these glasses that Dad always wears when he looks at books.  They're not as awesome as my sparkly sunglasses, but I guess they're okay.  Except everything looks blurry.  I'm actually not really sure why he wears them at all.
"Oh well, I'll try opening this book like he does.  Hmmm.  No pictures.  Boring!  What does he do for so long, looking at these dull pages?  I guess it doesn't matter, though because I wouldn't be able to see pictures anyway with these dang glasses on. 
"At least I look cool like Dad." And she's absolutely right.  I'd say she definitely looks as cool as Jason does.  :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

cutest father daughter combo ever

Anonymous said...

o gosh mom!