background

Monday, September 10, 2007

Drake is Seven!


I can't believe my angel boy is seven. I wonder if I will start all birthday posts like that. Probably. Like Holly, I feel like time is passing by so fast I'm getting whiplash. I think the trick is just to be able to appreciate the time we do have.
Well, I think Drake had a fabulous day. As you can see here, his wish was our command: he got a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, breakfast in bed with pancakes, sausage, and Tang, and, of course, dinner of a mashed potatoes and gravy volcano with plastic dinosaurs.
At the end of the day, we held a competition of skills where we all competed in several events: best trick on the trampoline, fastest one to the tree and back, best scar, etc. We ended with a rousing lightsaber match of which Zander was the undisputed scariest one to fight (he didn't obey the rules of not touching on the body), but Drake was triumphant. I think his mitichlorian count is quite high. Thanks to all of my sibs who came to celebrate with Drake - you guys are his favorite! What a perfect day.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I can't believe he is seven. I still remember him sitting in his seat all day on my couter while we scrapbooked. He was then and still is quite the little angel.

cfm said...

I think I won the competition hands down! :)

Thanks mindy it was a fun night...

vfg said...

What a darling is our little man...
(he'd hate that comment, but it's how I feel). The dino masheds are amazing--what a mama!

Anonymous said...

Seven?!!! Really? I can't believe that! I remember when he was just teeny tiny eency weeency. Have you broken the news to him that he's betrothed to one of my daughters? Take your pick, Drake! You would be the perfect son-in-law!