background

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Late-night ramblings

Difficult night for Jovi. Awake, asleep, awake, asleep . . . crying, hungry, tummy aches? So now, it's 2:25am. I'm tired. I can feel her warm little body finally relax on my shoulder; her breath on my neck is even; time to put her down. So why am I still standing by her bassinet, arms wrapped around her, swaying back and forth, unable to release her?
It's because, of the hundreds of little things I've done today, flitting around the house and town, being "useful" doing all I had to get done, this is the first thing - and it took me until a few hours into the next day - that I've done that is actually time well spent.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are such a good mama to enjoy those little moments in the middle of the night.

Anonymous said...

deep