I know it's been eons since my last blogging, but I've been busy, okay!? I just wanted to update a little on Amari, because it seems that the extended fam is interested to hear what's going on since my accidental crying episode at a recent family gathering. Really, she is doing great! Something just caught me at a bad time. The doctors were a bit worried about her growth (or lack thereof), height and weight, and her developmental delays. (She is now 21 months and still doesn't walk.) However, in the past couple months, we have, in earnest, seen every doctor and done every test that we could think of, and she doesn't seem to have any serious problems - just low muscle tone and a really content personality. All of the cognitive and problem-solving and even fine motor development was right on or above where she needs to be.
But she does qualify for early intervention, and so we get to have a wonderful physical therapist come to our house and work with Amari. Actually, she teaches me how to do it and what is needed so that I can work with her daily. She is actually showing a lot of improvement. It's interesting to see the little baby steps that I am now working on that didn't even occur to me before. But I am overjoyed to report that she has been crawling a bit!!! She doesn't prefer it, and only does it when she has to, but it's wonderful to see that she can (even if it is a little awkward).
This picture is another happy thing - she has really gotten good at pulling herself up to shorter pieces of furniture. Yeah!
So small victories are at hand, and we are looking forward to more, little by little. Thank you all for your concern and love. We love our little Amari - she is a special little baby. I am lucky to have her. As my last child, she's just takin' her sweet time to grow up, and that's perfectly fine with me.
3 comments:
Oh I am so glad to hear that she is doing good, your an amazing mom & we love you...
PS i have my blog blocked...but I do have one, since dad's Uncle Gary Tassainer's.. party when i talked with you about everything. I just need you email address & will be able to add u....
Much love: Lisa Tassainer Gabaldon
unsure if u would know me? ha..ha.
ooh i miss littil marmar! well I am coming to play this weekend!
amari is so dang cute! how is her walking coming? i hope everything is going smoothly.
Post a Comment